The role of a museum of Natural History is multiple. It is based on specific objectives, which compose its philosophy and constitute the reasons of its existence.
Our objectives are:
- The creation, maintenance and promotion of member clubs that will contribute to the study and preservation of our natural heritage.
- The shaping of environmental awareness through the validity and diffusion of knowledge, guaranteeing the cooperation with renowned scientific institutions, universities and museum educators.
- The utilization of scientific collections and the contribution to studies on natural environment, particularly to the region of Pindus.
- The development of educational and publishing activities and the creation of a data bank about the exhibited species.
- The organization of exhibitions, events and seminars on the environment, and activities that bring people in contact with nature and complexity of its operations.
In the museum shop you will find a wide variety of selected products (and our e-shop products).