The role of a museum of Natural History is multiple. It is based on specific objectives, which compose its philosophy and constitute the reasons of its existence.
Our objectives are:
- The creation, maintenance and promotion of member clubs that will contribute to the study and preservation of our natural heritage.
- The shaping of environmental awareness through the validity and diffusion of knowledge, guaranteeing the cooperation with renowned scientific institutions, universities and museum educators.
- The utilization of scientific collections and the contribution to studies on natural environment, particularly to the region of Pindus.
- The development of educational and publishing activities and the creation of a data bank about the exhibited species.
- The organization of exhibitions, events and seminars on the environment, and activities that bring people in contact with nature and complexity of its operations.